1.Goddess Lakshmi’ s Birthday…
2. Lord Krishna Killed Narakasura..On the day preceding Deepavali, Lord Krishna killed the demon king Narakasura and rescued 16,000 women from his captivity. The celebration of this freedom went on for two days including the Deepavali day as a victory festival.
3. The Return of the Pandavas…It was â Kartik Amavashyaâ when the Pandavas appeared from their 12 years of banishment ..The citizens who loved the Pandavas celebrated the day by lighting the earthen lamps.
4. Victory of Lord Rama…It was the new moon day of Kartik when Lord Rama, Sita Devi and Lakshmana returned to Ayodhya after vanquishing Ravana and conquering Lanka. The citizens of Ayodhya decorated the entire city with the earthen lamps and illuminated it like never before.
5. Coronation of King Vikramaditya…One of the greatest Hindu Kings Vikramaditya was coronated on the Deepavali day, hence Diwali became a historical event as well.
6. Special Day for the Arya Samaj…It was the new moon day of Kartik (Deepavali day) when Maharshi Dayananda, one of the greatest reformers of Hinduism and the founder of Arya Samaj attained his nirvana.
7. Special Day for the Jains…Mahavir Tirthankar, considered to be the founder of modern Jainism also attained his nirvana on Deepavalli day.
8. Special Day for the Sikhs…The third Sikh Guru Amar Das institutionalized Deepavali as a Red-Letter Day when all Sikhs would gather to receive the Gurus blessings. In 1577, the foundation stone of the Golden Temple at Amritsar was laid on Deepavali day…